Thursday, April 28, 2005

I guess I'm catching up

I finally figured out today... I am a suburban mom.

I have always had a hard time viewing myself from the outside and seeing all the pieces as whole. However, today for some reason, I began to see myself as a suburban mom.

I have lived in the suburbs all my life, that should be nothing new. I've been a mom for almost 2 years, that should be nothing new. I've worked as a teacher for 4 years, nothing new. I've driven my SUV over 40,000 miles in 3 years, nothing new.

I'm not sure I can put my finger on why, before today, it did not occur to me that I am a classic suburban mom. It won't be long before I'm off to soccer practice and dance classes and making sloppy joes for dinner.

I feel old today.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Dude. Are you dissing the sloppy joes and dance classes, because if you are I'm going to have to come over there and beat down...