Thursday, April 28, 2005

Thank you

Thank you to Jamie who taught me how to fix my blog problem!

Thank you to my sick days that I've accumulated for allowing me to take yesterday off to do laundry and read a cheap novel!

Thank you to Brianna who melts my heart when she says thank you in the morning after I tear off a piece of my Egg Mc Muffin (the muffin only) to give to her.

Thank you to Adam who has been super-dad this week so that I could attend a lot of nearly pointless meetings and dance rehearsals that go no where!

On to other things...

I was asked to co-lead a meeting tomorrow on our teacher institute day. (YES! Teachers actually do work on those days!)

On one hand, I feel that this is a wonderful opportunity and I am honored that they trust me to help lead 30 of my co-workers in the right(?) direction. Since I am training to be a school administrator, this is something I really want to do well. And I think I can do it well.

On the other hand, I feel like I have to defend myself to my slacker co-workers at the same time. These people are my good friends and they just don't understand my ambition to be seen as a value to my school building. They are happy just hiding in their classrooms and not doing more than the minimum outside of that. These people tease me for caring about the running of the school and the decisions made. And I feel that I have to defend myself to them. Why is that? Why do I need to pretend that I'm not proud of being chosen, to stress the fact that I really wasn't given a choice in the matter.

Is this my insecurity or their selfishness as friends?

No comments: