Thursday, December 31, 2009

Lists

Things I brought on vacation that we didn't actually need:
  • Shorts
  • T-shirts
  • lots of light weight pajamas

Things I left at home but ended up needing hence many trips to Target:

  • Light weight coats
  • sweatshirts
  • hats/mittens
  • fleece sleepers for the baby

Fun things we did in Florida:

  • Hang out with the family
  • Drink
  • Japanese Steak House
  • Date Night at Universal Studios
  • Pedicures
  • Go-Kart Racing (who knew!)

Things that should have been fun, or were sort of fun, but were dampened by the dang crowds:

  • Universal Studios- Islands of Adventure
  • Disney World- Animal Kingdom
  • Disney World- Magic Kingdom (Which they actually CLOSED because it was FULL!)

Lessons learned:

  • Target is everywhere and it's more fun to buy new stuff anyway.
  • The cheaper entertainment that is less well known will be more fun than the big guys.
  • Alone time and couple time is priceless... Thanks Grandparents!
  • Family time is what really makes any vacation.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Sounds like a great vacation. I am so with you on the Target trips - I always find stuff I never knew I needed - lol!!!

We are going to Disney in a couple of weeks. I used to work there and they always told us that Christmas week is the most busy time at Disney. We are going at what is historically the slowest time of the year, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for short lines!!!