Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Bored, what's that?

When we were kids, we used to complain to my mom that we were "bored". She really hated that! Of course that was before home computers and video games and DVD players... but still.

Every once in a while, my kids tell me they are bored... that they have nothing to do. I think I may kill them the next time I hear that!

After this Christmas/Hanukkah they have between them:
  • 2 personal DVD players
  • A Nintendo DS
  • 2 different Leapster/Leap pad reading systems
  • More computer games than they can play in a year
  • More movies than I've seen in a long time
  • TOYS coming out the yahoo!
  • Books, puzzles, games.
  • OUTSIDE! (When it's not freezing)

Besides all that, I think I am jealous. I would love to have the luxury of being bored. Without laundry, cleaning, cooking, diapers, children to entertain, work to do, papers to grade... to sit in silence and genuinely say I have nothing to do. HA!

No comments: