Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Momentous Occasion

Grant's first word is Mama!

He has been babbling mama, dada, gaga, etc for quite some time now and I didn't think they really had any meaning to him. I still took every opportunity to point to myself and say mama, or call myself mama when talking to him. Still, it sounded like babble when he said it.

Well this weekend, he specifically used Mama to refer to me. How can I be so sure all of a sudden?

WELL, when I left the room to use the restroom, he crawled after me and proceeded to sit outside the door crying and saying "Mama" over and over until I came out! Not my favorite way of finding out, but still momentous!

Ways I would have preferred to hear his first word, for the first time...
- When I pick him up from his crib in the morning.
- picking him up from daycare, with a big smile!
- anytime other than in the JOHN!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

How exciting!

And shut up - you know you were sitting on the toilet crying from the cuteness. Admit it.