I always think that I will have so much time to post/e-mail/surf over the summer. I mean, what could be more relaxing than sitting down at a computer, reliving a funny little moment with the kids?
Summer is not relaxing! I don't have time to sit and type. I don't get time alone with quiet! I just don't know how stay-at-home moms do it. I stink at being a stay-at-home mom, even temporarily.
I need work. I crave work. I need the computer with the high speed connection and the kids who are old enough to work silently when I tell them to and don't come running up to me telling me they have buggers or poops!
So now it is school time already. Summer has passed, and while I am sad, I am also very glad! I get more peace and quiet on a work day then I do in a whole week of staying at home with my precious little rugrats!
Monumental Moments of the Summer of 2006:
- Brianna Turned 3 with a birthday party I hated, and one I loved.
- Johanna worked summer school, and after 2 days, swore that she should have been committed for volunteering for such insanity!
- Johanna grudgingly went to summer school each day and cashed/spent her paychecks quickly.
- Adam was a stay-at-home dad who was FABULOUS! He cleaned, they played, the TV was off! What more can you ask for!
- Both kids grew almost as fast as the weeds in our front bushes!
- Adam had shingles. (I have pics but I don't think you really want to see!)
- Trip to Kalahari Resort was postponed once (see above), but eventually happened. Fun, but not real relaxing, and VERY expensive
- Grant started crawling, and soon began winning races with Mom to see who could get to the too-small-for-the-mouth-toys first!
- Brianna began having nightmares about Chuck-E-Cheese several times a week.
- We had a deck built on our house.
All-in-all, a nice summer.