Monday, February 06, 2006

Tiny drunk people

I have discovered recently that toddler speech is very similar to that of drunk adults. The words are a little slurred, the sounds don't seem to fit quite right, and you have to think really hard to make it make sense.

I discovered this while listening to Brianna and my niece Hannah (who's the same age as Bri) sing songs on Superbowl Sunday.... Well, then I compared them to my adult guests who were partaking of grain based beverages.

After several choruses of "Whoa, Whoa, Whoa your boat", and "The Itsy ditzy Spider" (by the 2 year olds, not the adults). We were cracking up! We then requested "Tinkle, Tinkle, wittle sta" and "The ABCDE song". Our pint sized entertainment was happy to oblige.

People, this is better satisfaction than The 'Stones any day of the week!

No comments: