Friday, February 24, 2006

Bottles and formula

Please let as many moms as you know about today's post... I need as many temporary readers as I can get so I can get lots of advice.........


Quickly about me for those who don't know me:
I have a daughter Brianna who is now 2 1/2. I also have a 4 month old son Grant. He is my concern today...

He refuses formula! I have been nursing thus far but am having a very hard time balancing work and pumping and want him to take formula at school then I will (ideally) nurse at night. When his teachers try and give him bottles he arches his back and turns his head repeatedly. They really have to "fight" with him to get him to eat. I have noticed this same behavior at home when my husband is bottle feeding him... at at this point we are bottle feeding breast milk.

Consequently, he is very unhappy at daycare, and is not gaining weight the way he should. He only gained 1/2 pound in the last month.

On top of his reluctance toward bottles, he seems to hate formula. We have tried 2 types of standard formula, these make him throw up. He seems to have a problem digesting them. He reacts ok to soy formula but hates to take it.

HELP!

Any suggestions for types of bottles that might be better?
Or similar experiences that I could share with my Dr.?

I am currently thinking that I might just have to go to all bottles and all formula! Sudden switch style. I can only imagine that this is the only way he will get hungry enough to eat and get used to the formula. That would make me very sad though...

No comments: