Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A student no more

Yesterday I presented my graduate research for my masters degree. I choose to investigate why teachers choose to join committees, or not join committees. I was very impressed that 7 of my friends from class came to see my presentation. More importantly, BOTH of my building principals came, and actually listened, and seemed interested in what I had to say. My graduate professor who was monitoring me for the past 2 years also seemed impressed. He even asked my permission to tell future graduate students about my research so they could piggy-back off of it and extend it. I was flattered, and thrilled, and of course said yes.

Today, I took the word student from my sidebar. Student is not a word I will use to describe myself anymore... well at least not until my kids are older, and my husband can hear the word doctorate without attempting to strangle me.

No comments: