Thursday, November 12, 2009

Notes from the home

I am not normally a stay-at-home mom... however, I am enjoying this maternity leave thing quite a bit! But that is beside the point. Having stayed at home the past 11 weeks, I am starting to notice things I never did before.
  1. Why are there SO many loads of "dark" laundry? Do the dark clothes infect the lighter colors in the hamper? Is it because it's fall/winter? Do I just gravitate towards those colors when shopping and if so, what does that say about me?
  2. The dust bunnies in the corners of the family room do not bother me at all. Seriously, I could stare at them for days if no one is coming over, but the minute I know I might have company, I scramble to pick them all up.
  3. It is hot in the office of our home. It has a lot of windows and apparently receives LOTS of daily sunshine. I never noticed before... I may or may not have to blog while dressed inappropriately to compensate.
  4. I could spend all day on the Internet if necessary. Seriously- If the TV died and the kids wouldn't bother me, and I could make money, I could spend all dang day on the Internet. I will have to seriously cut back on this soon and it is distressing me slightly!

Ahh, the enlightenment! :-)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I totally agree with your comment about being able to be on the internet all day!! I have to lock my laptop away sometimes so I actually get some stuff done during the day!!