Thursday, April 06, 2006

I'm still here

It's been a while...

We had a lovely spring break, sort of. Grant's teachers thought he was sick so I had to keep him home the Friday before break, a hectic way to leave work but he never did get sick so that was good. I on the other hand developed some freakish cold that was a little different everyday. Monday- 103 degree fever; Tuesday- serious congestion; Wednesday- The sore throat; Friday- the coughing. Only the coughing continued and is just now winding down over a week later!

On the plus side, we bought a new car! We decided that Adam's 2 door cavalier with no air conditioning was just not going to cut it anymore. (Forget the fact that it needed a couple hundred dollars worth of work!) After much debate and a dozen almost decisions, we bought a 2006 Toyota Camry. We got a great deal because they already had some 2007 models on the lot (What the F is up with that?).

In order to accomplish this monumental feat of decision making, we sent Brianna to school 3 of the 5 days. Yes, we were home relaxing and could have been spending quality time with her but sent her to school anyway. Trust me, it was better for all of us. I am dreading summer! She is so bored at home and the kids in the neighborhood just aren't quite the right age for playing. BESIDES the fact that when a 2 1/2 year old is nearby, no one relaxes!

So now all that fun is over. I am back at work counting down the days to summer and debating some serious internal job moves. I'm a little stressed, maybe more later on that...

I have a favorite picture I keep next to my desk... It is a toddler with his/her head resting on the wall with eyes shut. The caption says "Any idiot can face a crisis- it's this day-to-day living that wears you out." (Anton Chekhov)

SO. TRUE.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your illness sounds familiar in this household. Spring Break for us next week. girls are headed to in-law's house for a few days. I CAN'T WAIT! I feel terrible for saying that, but I NEED A BREAK!

Congrats on the new car. My mom in law and my sister in law both have one and LOVE IT, especially the gas mileage!