Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Drama Queen

Last night, Brianna got out of bed and came downstairs after she was supposed to be sleeping. I heard her coming down the stairs but Adam was outside and I was feeding Grant so didn't turn to her right away. The moment I turned to see her (standing just low enough to be in sight, about half way down the stairs), her face went from passively watching me to gut wrenching sobs in about one second. During second number two, the waterworks started. By the time she made it to the bottom of the stairs she was hysterically sobbing complete with runny nose.

Because I couldn't stop feeding Grant to take her right back upstairs, we waited for Adam to come in. During that 3 minutes or so, she cuddled next to me on the couch and scaled back to whimpering with random tears. And then she broke my heart...

As Adam came back in I told her it was time to go back to bed and go "night night". The sobbing came back and she paused just long enough to look in my eyes and say, "But I need you mommy."

What do you say to your not quite 3 year old an hour after bedtime when all they claim to want is more time with you?

Me, I send her upstairs with her father and shed a few tears of love.

No comments: