Friday, August 21, 2009

WHAT a day!

*My day started around midnight.... heartburn yet again! No big news there.
*Around 1:30, I began vomiting profusely. (Do you know what sucks most about that? When your a grown up- you have to clean up after yourself, there is no magic mommy to help!)
*Around 2:00, I began having contractions every 8 minutes or so. This actually sort of thrilled me but they didn't seem to getting any stronger.
*By 4:00, I was worried and called the doctor. He agreed that we should head to the hospital to be checked out.
-- after that things get a bit blurry for a while--
*By 6:00 it had been determined that I was not in labor, I was dehydrated and have the flu.
I'M DAYS AWAY FROM MY DUE DATE AND NOW I CATCH THE FLU!!!???!!!

The rest of the day was spent with IV fluids, sleeping at home in bed, and a big decision.

This baby is probably big... He might even be stuck already... We will have a cesarean section on Monday morning. I can't say I'm happy about that, but I'm not unhappy either. I'm understandably concerned about the whole major surgery aspect and the recovery, etc. I am sort of thrilled to know that the end is in sight.... not some generic end where you wait around for mother nature to flip a switch.... a real end. The end to the heartburn and back pain and cramping and puffiness. And back on the other hand, this is my last pregnancy, I never imagined that it would end this way. At least I have lots of time this weekend to hang out in bed and relax. Never let it be said I can't find the bright side!

No comments: