Thursday, September 04, 2008

Huh?

So- I don't think I have yet commented on politics on this blog. I am perhaps the least political social studies teacher EVER. I care about politics and who represents me however, I am just a bit too practical about the exact size and scope of my single vote. I vote... I don't obsess over it.

I watched most of Sarah Palin's speech last night. Jamie had some reviews of it that I sort of agree with. But mostly, I just kept thinking of the same thing. I would want to be friends with her but I don't want her a breath away from control of the nation. She seems like fun and I admire her resolve and family confidence. I would love to have a conversation with her and share mom stories and hear more about her kids and life and argue with her about our ideals. I don't want her telling the world who can, or mostly can't get an abortion. I don't want her influencing the education world in which I work and in which my children are learning. Just because she seemed fun... it's not a reason to put her in control of anything!

No comments: