Monday, December 18, 2006

SOOO much fun

This weekend, Brianna spent her first annual weekend with my parents. They partied and had a great time! (Next year, my folks will take both kids! OH, the anticipation!)

Even still, with just Grant this weekend, it was very liberating. Saturday.... shopping BY MYSELF. Moms out there, you understand right? When was the last time you spent all afternoon shopping BY YOURSELF!?

Sunday- I took Grant with me to Toys-R-Us. He's young enough that I can buy presents for him and he won't realize it still.... I had SO. MUCH. FUN. I just wandered the aisles picking up what I wanted, until before I knew it, an hour and a half had gone by and there just wasn't any more room in, or under, the cart. Grant was even holding/playing with one of his toys already!

People, this is why being a parent is even more fun than being a kid. Not only did I get to wander and buy to my heart's content, in just one short week I will get to see the beautiful faces of my children open all those toys. Even if they promptly forget about them as each new wonderful packages is torn to shreds, I will remember the joy I felt making them happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you.
How did you feel when Brianna was away. I still haven't allowed SF to sleep anywhere else. I'm too paranoid.

I love shopping for them too. I love to see their faces when it's something they truly love. Makes my day!

Thank you for the recipe link too...I will need it again I'm sure. Since I just never cook or bake and that's because I don't know where to begin really.