Thursday, November 30, 2006

Holiday Meme

Janet over at Dancing Through is a new site I've found. Her blog really appeals to me because she is a mom with a toddler, and refers everything back to dancing. I haven't actually found yet if she is a former dancer, but I like to think so.

She found a Holiday Meme and I decided to jump on the bandwagon!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? For now, Presents are wrapped and go under the tree as soon as they are ready. Grandma and Grandpa take care of the surprise gifts. I can't wait to see how this changes for us over the next few years though.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like White for me, I love to see color on other peoples houses. I CAN'T STAND IT when people mix the two. Sue me, I'm crazy like that.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope, The only person worth kissing doesn't believe in mistletoe so why bother.

5. When do you put your decorations up? I would like to do them the day after Thanksgiving but if you know me... you know I'm just not that organized even if I were home that day.

6.. What is your favorite holiday dish? I love anything chocolate... or the green bean casserole... and of course the mashed potatoes.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Making cookies or candies to give to our teachers and neighbors. We always snuck just enough candy to keep from being sick, but way to many to want dinner.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I wish I remembered... I hope it's a very long time before my children do!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open one gift each from my mom aka Grandma Julie. She always buys us pajamas to wear for Christmas morning. Lately the PJs have coordinated with the kids and I just adore the little family pictures of all of us wearing them!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? The lights are already on the tree... one less fight! We have all memory ornaments from my childhood or from our marriage. I love the family look, no matchy matchy for me!

11. Snow! Love it OR DREAD IT ?? Love the first snow fall... until I have to drive in it, or when it gets all muddy or footprinty.

12. Can you ice skate? A little, we did take lessons as kids but Jamie was much more interested than me.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really, each year there was a favorite... topped by another favorite the next year. If I had to pick one, it was the year my parents agreed to pay for my airfare to S. Carolina so I could attend a wedding for one of Adam's best friends. This was a big step for my parents who firmly believe that sex is for marriage and that traveling with a boyfriend is "dangerous".

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Cozy times at home as a family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? The little peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate that my mom makes.

16. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving, but receiving is fun too!

17. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night, it reminds me of the reason for the season and has a comforting melody.

18. Candy canes? Only the fruit flavored ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I hate it when people mix white lights and colored lights. Even worse is the people who use all red christmas lights. It's like Satan's Christmas House.

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Nice to meet you this way!

I love your list...I'm going to link it to mine if you don't mind!!

We decorate our tree the same way...

Thank you for playing and visiting my place. I was a dance teacher for a whole many years before I became a classroom teacher...I'm glad you like the theme...