Friday, November 03, 2006

I am just a little sick

I am a planner!

Today I was having a discussion with some friends about divorce rates. We figured that out of the 4 of us, at least one of us would be getting divorced at some time... probably 2 of us if averages hold.

I revealed the fact that while I've never thought about divorcing Adam, at least not seriously, I have seriously made plans in case he dies. I know that this is a stupid thing to do. Adam is a safe driver, doesn't fly much, and is relatively healthy despite recent events.

Still...
If Adam dies, I will:
1. Ask for help from my parents and his to pay off my house. I don't like the thought of groveling but I could never afford the house alone.
2. Apply for assistant principal positions immediately. Right now, I only take home about $1000 a month after you subtract daycare from my take home pay! Can't raise 2 kids on that.
3. I would marry again. Not right away of course but eventually. I am not good at being alone.

Is this sick?

I think it's especially sick that my children might someday read this...
But I am who I am!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, I don't think sick is the right word. You do have an underlying negative streak though. You should nip that. You'll be happier.

Your neighbor in Northern Illinois -

Carole
http://CommonSenseLiving.com

Jamie said...

Dude. You have children - OF COURSE you're going to have to think about what you would do in a "worst case scenario."

Thinking about it constantly might be an issue, but the mere act of planning for a disaster is not a bad thing. If you waited until something actually happened, you'd just make rash decisions because of the trauma of the situation.