Thursday, March 24, 2005

Good morning

Have you ever thought about the duality of that phrase?

This morning I can wish you all a "good morning" because I am having a "good morning". Have you ever wished someone that particular greeting and then stopped and thought.... Why do I care if their morning is good, mine sucks and theirs should too! That's how I feel some mornings, but not today... And I digress!

Today Brianna didn't cry when I left her at day care. This is the second day in a row for that and it fills my heart with joy. I know she has not come to the realization that she has to go there whether she likes it or not and she should just make the best of it. I think she has actually come to like her teachers and friends (most of the time). She was still clingy, and not too happy with me, but she didn't cry.

Of course now we are going to start spring break this afternoon! She will have 10 glorious days with her parents (and we will be overjoyed to be with her). However, on the dreaded April 4, we will all have to go back to our "normal" routine. And my money is on the crying starting back up again. But I see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

So, as I sit here at my computer, killing time, not doing the work I should be, planning my vacation and pedicure today, I wish you all a really good morning because if I get to have one you should too.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi Joey! I was catching up on your last few blog entries and saw the good news. I'm so excited for you - congrats! Hope you're able to get back on the diet coke soon, that is a tragedy.