Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Regrets

I was reading Jamie's blog today and she was thinking about her regrets like never going for her childhood dream of being a ballerina... and it got me thinking...

I regret a lot of things in my life. It's not that I am an unhappy person, because I'm not. You'll just have to take my word for it. I love my family and my career. I have enough material things. But it doesn't stop me from having regrets.

I regret not continuing as a dancer. I wasn't very good but I loved how I felt when I danced. I don't get that same feeling anymore because I've let my skills slide so far.

All my regrets about my earlier life really center around the lack of self-confidence I had. I've never been a real outgoing person, I would even classify myself as shy. I always seemed to reach a point in my activites where I no longer felt good enough to continue; Dance, Judging, Coaching, Dating. Thank God my husband came along when he did!

These days I worry more about what I will regret later. If I become a stay-at-home mom, will I regret not teaching or being a principal? If I become a principal, will I regret the time lost with my kids? If I spend my money on blank will I be sorry later? What if I don't buy it?

I have a lot to think about!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Amen, sista.