Friday, February 12, 2010

9 months is enough!

When we decided to have a third baby, I knew that meant full nights of sleep were not going to be an option for a while. Starting with the last 2-3 months of the pregnancy- no sleep then due to comfort issues and need to pee! Then the baby is born and he needs feeding a couple times a night. Eventually that tapers off to once a night. And then, the child is supposed to grow enough to sleep through the night.

Opinions differ on when that glorious regular sleep pattern will occur. Maybe when he doubles his birth weight. Maybe when he is eating solid foods on a regular basis. Maybe when he stops napping so much during the day.

Check. CHECK. CHECK!

Why won't he sleep through the night????? He teased me with full nights of sleep around 2 months old but around 3 months old he started getting up again. No problem, I thought! I can handle this! Really, it's only once a night- he drinks his bottle and goes right back to sleep most of the time- I can do this.

I'm done! I don't want to do it anymore! He will be 6 months old soon and I want to sleep through the night! We have tried everything we could think of.... upping the amount he drinks during daytime feedings... waking him to feed him right before I go to bed... adding cereal to the bottle for more calories...

Still- up- every night-
Help me someone please!

No comments: