Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My brain is a steel sieve

A while ago, I read an article. No, of course I don't remember where or when.

Wait... don't leave yet... it gets better....

The article claimed that researchers had developed a theory about parental attachment with infants. The researchers had investigated especially the attachment of fathers and come to the following conclusion:

From birth to approx. age 3 ALL children are genetically programed to look more like their fathers than their mothers. The research went on to hypothesize that in the pre-paternity test world (and maybe the pre-monogamy days) that men needed proof that a child was theirs. therefore, all babies look more like their fathers at early ages to "prove" to the daddy that he should bother to bond with this baby.

What do you think?
Did you look like your dad when you were young?
What about your kids?.....

I know that both of my children look WAY more like my husband than me right now. It might be too late to save Bri, but I still have hope for Grant. ;-)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

well, worst case scenario, you know at least they got our family's coloring...