or waiting for some big event (although there are several in the works...)
I'm waiting for something to go wrong.
I have 3 healthy, although sometimes quirky, children. I have a husband who works out for fun! (He's so strange! ;-D) I am generally healthy and happy too! We seem to be in the minority.
- I have one friend battling breast cancer at the young age of 34.
- A co-worker whose son was diagnosed at 6 months old with Lukemia. They battle every day; he has just had a stem cell transplant and he's barely 1.
- A friend from high school has a son, only 7, who just had a cancerous brain tumor removed and is waiting to see if he'll be ok with therapy and radiation.
- A former co-worker had her uterus burst and she gave birth to her twins months before they were ready. (They are home now and I am so happy she has them safe.)
- Another friend has had more miscarriages than I can count, and she is a great mom to her first, she deserves another.
- Another co-worker was working out one day and thought she pulled a muscle... turns out she had lung cancer and had to have part of her lung removed immediately. She never smoked.
I find myself awake in the middle of the night wondering when it will be my turn. Things are too perfect, too easy, too wonderful. How long can it last before the fates turn on me? None of these people woke up knowing that life wold never be the same for them; that life would change in a blink.
I'm afraid to blink.