Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sometimes simply surviving is enough

Like when my son repeats "Mommy, I'm cold" over and over for 30 minutes in the grocery store.

Or when I don't sleep well because of all the things going on in my life but then still manage to forget the 2 things I stayed awake all night trying to remember.

Or when I take 90 12-year-olds outside for "field day" and play games for 4 hours on a hot, humid, 80 degree day.

Or when other people at work make my life more complicated by flat out refusing to go with the flow, even when they are the minority and are outvoted 28-4, and the administration supports them by demanding consensus instead of majority rule.

... and when all those things happen in less than 24 hours. You just breathe and know that it could be worse...

No comments: