This summer, our plan was to get all these big projects done.
- Redecorate guest room (floor to ceiling) and move Brianna into that room.
- Redecorate Brianna's old room for new baby.
- Sort through a dozen (more really) bins of clothes to get rid of girl stuff we won't need and get boy stuff ready for new baby.
- FIND all the baby stuff I know we've kept, and need, but didn't label well in the many, many bins.
- find time to have fun with kids and not just be TV/auto pilot parents.
I can say we've done really well on the first two and I LOVE the kids rooms!
I'm still working on the many bins but still have quite a bit to do.
The one thing I am getting increasingly disappointed with myself is the last one. My kids are watching far too much TV and not getting out to do enough fun stuff. We've done a couple fun things, and Adam is pretty good about finding ways to entertain them outside or in the basement, but we don't GO anywhere or DO anything. Movies, the Zoo, Splash Parks, the Pool, that kind of thing, the stuff we NEVER do during the school year, it should be the stuff summer memories are made of... and we suck at it!
Sure there are excuses aplenty.... pregnant, tired, projects, cost, etc. Bull****! I need to do better at this! I'm going to work on it!... just not today. :-)