Monday, February 23, 2009

2nd Trimester

I am finally in my second trimester of pregnancy... officially. This means I am 14 weeks pregnant today. I am feeling somewhat better, the all-day/morning sickness is going away and I am not quite as tired as I used to be. I do still have my moments of both but it doesn't encompass my whole life anymore.

Now I have to wait for new things....
- Thursday I should be able to hear the heartbeat for the first time
- Within a couple weeks I should be able to feel the baby moving
- A couple weeks after that, other people who are crazy enough to touch my belly will be able to feel the movement
- in 6 weeks, we find out the gender and get ultrasound pictures!

I will have to see what my Dr. says at my check up this week but I'm pretty sure I've lost about 8-10 pounds in my first trimester. Given my overweight starting point, this is a good thing. It does not mean anything is wrong with the baby... keep your crazy comments on that one to yourself!

Happy Monday!

No comments: