Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Will I ever get my work done?

I am about a week (or slightly more) behind in my grading. It's embarrassing, REALLY!

I can't get ANY work done at home with the kids around and wanting attention of all things.
I can't get any work done on my "plan time" with all the socializing to be done and stupid emails to be forwarded.

Available time at work is spent working on self-induced projects that have nothing to do with my students, planning flag routines and contests, cleaning my classroom in some vain attempt to convince myself that if my classroom were cleaner I might get more work done in it.

I keep hoping things will get better but I don't know how! Tomorrow, things get even busier for a while. Tomorrow, I begin working with a student teacher.... I'd like to start by saying it's an honor to even be chosen... Thank you to my fellow nominees, to my coworkers, and to of course my family... I couldn't do it with out you!

In all seriousness- I am very excited by this but it will change everything and while that seemed great a couple months ago when they asked me- now, I'm not so sure this is the best time. I won't regret it but I will be further behind (if that's possible) for the next few weeks. UGH!

No comments: