Friday, July 13, 2007

No details, no energy

So, the rest of vacation was fine. It might have been just a little too long with my family but what are you going to do? A week's house rental means a week with the family. I was simultaneously glad and a little depressed to be home again.

Did a little grocery shopping... got back to normal... blah blah blah.

However, slight differentiation from blah when Tuesday night's stomach ache became uncontrollable pain with no position I could find relief in by Wednesday late afternoon. A quick call to the doctor led to a not as quick visit to the acute care center which was followed by a trip to the ER and an "emergency" appendectomy. That's right. I went to the doctor with generalized stomach pain around 6:30 Wednesday night and approx. 6 hours later I was no longer in possession of my appendix!

The surgeon, who had the personality of a door, said that it was the earliest case of appendicitis he'd ever operated on. That leads me to believe either; 1- I'm a wuss, 2- He says that to all the girls, or 3- I could have waited longer, been in more pain, and other people are just stupider than me. I vote for #3.

As of now, I am spending a lot of time on the couch... and loving the Vicodin.
I hope next week is less eventful.

No comments: