Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I don't know WHAT to think!

My daycare lost my 14 month old child on Friday.... and didn't tell me!

To be fair, it was only for seconds, and they told me today.
One of the teachers opened the outside/emergency door to empty a waste bin or something, and my son ran out. He is a runner, and he loves being outside, but somehow she didn't notice. She closed the door and then realized he wasn't where she left him. She opened the door again and he was right outside. They are launching a formal investigation.

I don't know what to think....
  • I've always loved my sons teachers, they love him and are kind and gentle... but this was a hell of a first mistake to make!
  • I know how quickly he can move when motivated, he's gotten away from me at a store once... but this door opens on the parking lot side and who knows what could have happened!
  • I know that one of his teacher may be fired over this, and I would hate for that to happen to such a nice, friendly, lady.... but my baby was outside alone!

I guess it's good that it's out of my hands. I have no say in what happens, I could leave the center but it is only one mistake... am I under-reacting? I am at such a loss.... I think I'll go watch him sleep for a little while.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think you are under-reacting. They shouldn't be opening an outside emergency door anyway in a daycare room filled with running toddlers. OMG! I am freaking out like you! What if she didn't realize it? Thank God he stayed around. This was a huge mistake and someone has to pay for it. Emergency doors are for emergencies. Not trash dumping.