Friday, March 20, 2009

Time goes by so fast...

Last week I had the flu. I missed 3 1/2 days of work, slept 16-18 hours a day, and had no appetite.
This week, Grant has the flu. He's missed 3 days of school, lays around all day, and has no appetite.

It's one thing to be the sick one. I can force myself to eat for the baby's sake. I can make myself sleep. No one misses me at work and quite frankly, I enjoyed the break.

I HATE that my little guy is sick. I HATE that my independent 3 year old has been reduced to wanting to be held and carried everywhere he goes and asking for help with simple tasks. I HATE that he doesn't understand why he can't go play with his friends and color and draw and have fun all day. If I could take his sick away and put it on myself again I would do it in a heartbeat.

I LOVE my parents. They are both retired and my mom stayed home with Grant on Monday. Both my parents are there today so he can stay home and I don't have to miss any more work. They are the most amazing people. Someday I hope I can do that for my grandchildren!

No comments: