Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bed time

Adam takes Brianna and puts her to bed most nights. This started because when I was nursing, Grant always seemed to want eat at exactly her bedtime. It has sort of continued because it works for us. They have worked out a little routine with how many books to read and what little rituals need to be done. He likes to talk to her about her day and what will happen tomorrow.

Some night, I take Bri to bed. We have a slightly different ritual. I like to tell her all the ways I love her and say prayers.

Last night as Adam was trying to get her up to bed, she started crying for me. This, in itself, is not unusual. But, last night she had already had her hugs and kisses from me and we'd said good night. She wanted her prayers. She climbed back up in my lap, cuddled into my neck and I said the prayers. She is trying to memorize them so every now and then I pause and let her insert the next word. At the end we say Amen together and give a big hug. I love that she loves it!

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the lord my soul to sleep.
Angels watch me through the night,
wake me with the morning light.
God Bless mommy and daddy,
Brianna and Grant,
Grandma and Grandpa's,
Aunts and Uncles and Cousins,
God Bless Everyone,
Amen.

No comments: