Thursday, March 23, 2006

Different kids

I know that most of the time I post about my children, my kids, Brianna and Grant... But I am also a teacher and I have 99 other kids that I think about daily.

I worry about them and care about how they do and wonder what they think and wish for their success.

I can't motivate all of them if they don't want to be motivated.
I can't make them listen and remember.
I can't bend the directions everytime one needs to succeed a little more.
I can't do it for them or fix it every time.

Most sadly, I can't make their parents support them or support me.

Parents- The best thing you can do for your children is be there when they need you, and try and see both sides of every story. I know your child is wonderful and believable and they never stretch the truth in their favor... But sometimes the teacher has good ideas and reasons behind their behavior. Sometimes your child has to be upset to learn a lesson. Sometimes they might even need to fail because they didn't pay attention in class or remember to do their big project on time. I KNOW IT'S HARD! Life is hard. It's sad but true. You will not be there to call the college professor or your child's boss when their work is late or done improperly.

I would really like to tell you the story that is prompting this but I am too afraid of it being read by the wrong person.

I AM NOT PICKING ON YOUR CHILD.

No comments: